Disorderly Behaviour and similar charges

How we can help:

Courts accept that persons of normally good character sometimes transgress but a conviction or penalty for this offence can cause future hardship.  If you are charged with this offence you should seek our advice. Timely legal advice can have a major effect on how your matter proceeds.  We have experienced trial counsel equipped to contest charges at trial or if you decide to plead guilty our experience will put you in the best position possible to have no conviction recorded.


A person who, in a public place or a police station, behaves in a disorderly or offensive manner, fights with another person or uses offensive language commits an offence.  See s7 of the Summary Offences Act


The maximum penalty is a fine not exceeding $1250 or imprisonment for 3 months.